Timespan: March- November 2015
Origin of founding: Assist Impact, USAID
This project aims to hold candidate forums and open meetings so citizens can discuss issues prior to the elections in June 2015. Its objectives are as following:
- Encourage citizens to act and impact the local agenda by presenting their crucial issues during the election process;
- Empower citizens to be more engaged with local officials after the election; and
- Take on environmental and health issues at the local level.
- Reports on 10 forums/ meetings with candidates.
- Reports on 3 forum/ meetings with newly elected mayor.
- 1 voters’ guide created
- 1,000 printed copies of voters` guide distributed. The e-version will be published via CRCD website as well.
The CRCD website and its Facebook page will be updated and used to create on-line forums and feedback collection from citizens